Teeth Whitening in East Lake
At the Center for Dental Excellence East Lake, we offer professional strength teeth lightening/whitening options that help you enjoy a beautiful, confident smile. Even if you grew up with white teeth, the tooth color gradually changes over the years. Certain medications can cause tooth staining. Professional treatments are a fast and effective way to restore your natural glow or enjoy the brighter smile that you never had.
If you’re considering cosmetic dental treatments or a smile makeover, teeth whitening is a great place to start. Plus, it’s an extremely affordable way to make a huge impact on your appearance initially.
When to Whiten Your Teeth
There are a number of different reasons and situations where a person might want to whiten his or her smile. Here are some of the most common ones:
- You’re planning to get a crown, bonding, or dental veneers. Did you know that your new restoration is made to match neighboring teeth and cannot be whitened to a lighter color? It’s best to whiten your teeth first, so that your upcoming dental work can be made to match your natural teeth.
- There’s a big event on your calendar. Maybe it’s a wedding, job interview, or graduation. You know you need to make a good impression and there may be photographs taken that will hang on your wall for decades to come.
- You’ve finished orthodontic treatment and want to jump-start your smile makeover by whitening your teeth when completing your treatment.
While there are a lot of reasons why you can decide to whiten your teeth, the biggest factor is finally asking our dentists about how to get started. You’ll wish it was something you had done years before!
Professional vs. DIY Teeth Whitening Kits
Most people who are starting to think about teeth whitening have already begun looking online or at the grocery store to see what’s available. There are plenty of DIY and take-home kits that can be purchased these days, but do they really work? The answer is “sort of,” but never as good as what you can get from our cosmetic dentists.
Why is this? Because over the counter whitening solutions are weaker and less concentrated. Yes, they can slightly lighten the color of your teeth, but it takes longer and the results are far less effective.
Instead, we can help you whiten your smile by several shades in the least time necessary. The results are also easier to maintain, making this option far more cost effective. By the time you’ve purchased two or three kits at a store (and only gotten half of the results) you could have had your teeth professionally whitened!
Getting the Most Out of Your Whitening Treatment
How can you make sure that your teeth respond the best way possible to your teeth whitening treatment?
- Schedule a cleaning with our hygienist. We usually recommend that most people have a checkup every six months. After your cleaning is a good time to start or touch-up your whitening at home.
- Drink lots of water. Avoid dark liquids like tea, wine, coffee, etc. If you absolutely must have that soda, drink it through a straw.
- Use the system as directed. Don’t overfill the trays and be sure to wear the trays for the appropriate amount of time.
- Before you start your whitening treatment, we will use a shade guide to record the current color of your teeth. After treatment, we’ll record your new shade. You can see for yourself just how well professional teeth whitening option works at our dental office.
“What About Sensitive Teeth?”
Some people find that whitening their teeth can cause tooth sensitivity. Our dentists recommend using a sensitivity formulated toothpaste for at least one or two weeks leading up to your whitening treatment, and during the entire course of whitening.
Exposed root surfaces are another reason why you might have sensitive teeth. When you whiten, it’s important to not have the whitening product come into contact with these areas. The roots of your teeth will not change color and they can be sensitive when it comes to external stimulus like the lightening solution. If these areas are an aesthetic concern, speak with the doctors to see what your options are for those areas.
Is Teeth Whitening Right for You? Our East Lake Dentists Can Help
Whitening is safe for adults and teens with healthy teeth and gums. Before you start any kind of a tooth whitening treatment, we’ll need to make sure your smile is free of disease or decay.
If you’ve been thinking about whitening your teeth, just ask! Your checkup is a great time to start. We can even fit you for custom whitening trays the same day if you’re ready to get started. Call us today!
Setup My First Consultation
We’ll respond as soon as possible to answer any questions you have and schedule an appointment.
What Sets Us Apart
- Comprehensive dentistry for all ages
- Minimal sedation dentistry
- 3D scanning and imaging
- Full mouth reconstruction
- Invisalign Gold Provider
- Implant Restorative
Center For Dental Excellence East Lake
3033 RIDGELINE BLVD, STE A
TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34688
P: (727) 934-1200
Monday: 8am - 5pm
Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
Wednesday: 8am - 5pm
Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: By Appointment Only
© 2020 Center for Dental Excellence